9.1. How to offline upgrade system for Neo 3 series¶
There are two methods:
- Method 1 – Upgrade via Internal storage :
1. Create the “dload” folder in the internal storage;
2. Copy the ROM package to the “dload” folder (do not decompress the zip package);
3. In the bottom right corner of Settings, click “Check PUI Update” → “Offline Upgrade”.
- Method 2 – Upgrade via U Disk :
1. Obtain the PUI system upgrade package (Pico support staff will provide the specified version upgrade package according to requirements);
2. Prepare a USB flash drive with Type-C port; or a Type-C conversion interface and a Type-A USB flash drive；
3. Create a new “dload” folder in the root directory of the U disk；
4. Copy the ROM package to the “dload” folder (do not decompress the zip package);
5. Insert the Type-C port of the USB flash drive into the device, or insert the Type-A port USB flash drive into the device through Type-C conversion interface；
6. In “My Applications” → “System Update”, click “Offline Upgrade”.
Note： During the upgrade process, ensure that the power of the device is more than 40%; the system can only be upgraded from the lower version to the higher version; the upgrade process is 3-5 minutes.