3 Development Notes¶
3.1 Enable Developer options¶
Please check details from this FAQ link on how to enable developer https://sdk.picovr.com/docs/FAQ/chapter_one.html
3.2 Recommended SDK configuration¶
- For Graphics APIs, currently Vulkan is not supported, and OpenGLES2 and OpenGLES3 can be added base on developers’ needs.
For multithreaded rendering, please refer to Unity’s official documentation at https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SystemInfo-graphicsMultiThreaded.html.
Fig 3.1 Rendering setting
- Detection for V Sync Count is needed. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Quality, check Medium under Levels and make sure that Don’t Sync (required) is selected for V Sync Count under Other:
Fig 3.2 Detect V Sync Count
3.3 Unity XR API Support¶
This chapter describes updates of support for Unity XR API on version basis.
Version 1.2.2 added following supports:
- Added support for acquiring velocity and angular velocity of head node (XRNode.Head).
- Added support for acquiring velocity, acceleration, and angular velocity of controller nodes (XRNode.LeftHand/XRNode.RightHand).
- Added support for UnityXR controller haptic interface (InputDevice.SendHapticImpulse).
- Added support for configuring eyeTexture value dynamically using XRSettings.eyeTextureResolutionScale.
3.4 Known issue¶
- When Unity Stencil Buffer is used in conjunction with Linear Space, there is a black screen problem on Neo 3.
- When using the Scene Quick Preview Tool, if the compiler report error :”BeginLayoutGroup must be called first”.This is a known issue and should not affect regular usage.